Content reviewed by Marcy D. Markes, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that can potentially be very serious due to one’s breathing repeatedly stopping and starting subconsciously. If you tend to snore loudly and feel exhausted after a full night’s rest, you may have sleep apnea. Thankfully, our sleep doctors at Columbia Allergy and Asthma Specialists provide sleep apnea testing and treatment options at our clinics in Columbia and Moberly, MO.
The Three Main Types of Sleep Apnea
Common Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- You have been told by others that you snore but you are unaware of it.
- You have been told that you have pauses in breathing while you sleep.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You often get easily irritated.
- You are unusually grumpy and impatient.
- You always lack energy and wish you had more.
- You sweat excessively at night.
- You are having irregular heartbeats at night.
- You have an unexplainable headache when you wake up in the morning.
- You suddenly wake up at night gasping for air.
- You are overweight.
- You are losing your sex drive.
- Feels extremely sleepy during the day.
- You struggle to keep focus and remain alert.
- You wake up most of the time with a dry mouth.
- You have mood swings and feel easily depressed.
- You cannot concentrate with your daily tasks either at work or at school.
- You fall asleep when driving.
- You wake up in the middle of the night feeling like you’re choking.
- Even if you’ve slept an adequate amount of time, you still feel extremely tired and sleepy during the day.
Sleep Apnea Testing in Columbia and Moberly, MO
Sleep apnea testing at Columbia Allergy and Asthma Specialists, located in Columbia and Moberly, MO, can provide you with the much-needed answers about your sleep tendancies. If you tend to snore, fall asleep while driving, or fall asleep in public places, you may have sleep apnea.
Through our sleep apnea screening options, our sleep doctors can test you to see if you suffer from sleep apnea. The two sleep apnea tests we offer are called the EpWorth Sleepiness Scale and the Home Sleep Study.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Options in Columbia and Moberly, MO
The sleep apnea treatment options available to our patients in Columbia and Moberly, MO, identify and address issues that arise from having sleep apnea. Our main sleep apnea treatment option is a CPAP machine. A CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine helps individuals with sleep apnea breath smoothly and regularly while sleeping each night. The CPAP machine increases the air pressure within your throat, decreases snoring, and creates a more regular sleep schedule.
If the CPAP machine fails to work for you, our sleep doctors also have other sleep apnea treatment options available. If you believe that you may need a sleep apnea treatment, please contact our sleep specialists today. Our expert sleep doctors offer exceptional sleep apnea treatment options which help create a better sleep schedule for you and your loved one.
Why You Should Choose Columbia Allergy and Asthma Specialists
Our sleep doctors and specialists provide top-of-the-line customer service to our patients in Columbia and Moberly, MO. Through our sleep apnea testing and treatment options, we can ensure each of our patient’s needs are taken care of. Whether you struggle with snoring loudly at night or falling asleep behind the wheel, our sleep doctors want to see that you have a quality night’s sleep every night. If you are interested in scheduling a sleep apnea appointment, please contact our sleep specialists in Columbia and Moberly, MO, today.